A series of trail running events
on the iconic kunanyi
kunanyi Trail Series
From alpine heaths and dolerite cliffs to dry peppermint forests and buttongrass moorland, kunanyi is home to diverse and captivating wilderness.
Immerse yourself in nature as you take on one (or all) of our carefully selected trail runs. Spanning four events across 2022, the kunanyi Trail Series offers a different kind of run – one where you breathe in the eucalypts and hear your own heartbeat in the calming quiet.
More technical than a road run, the Trail Series is the opportunity for new adventure. At each event, choose from the longer Enduro Run or the shorter Sport run. Both distances are great runs in their own right. The sport run is fantastic if you’d prefer to run a shorter distance, or if you’re dipping your toes into trail running for the first time.
Embrace the wilderness. Run wild.
What’s new for 2022
– Shorter runs by popular demand (with the introduction of our “Enduro” and “Sport” categories)
– BBQs and other activities at the Event Hub where you can hang out until all runners return for presentations
– Sign up to all four events in our new season passes (and score yourself an exclusive gift)
– Three of your favourite runs return while we introduce the brand new Cascade Slide.
- kunanyi Sunrise, Sunday 20 February, Pinnacle Observation Shelter, 7.3km (Enduro); 3km (Sport)
- Cascade Slide, Sunday 1 May, Cascade Gardens, 10.6km (Enduro); 3.8km (Sport)
- Tolosa Half, Sunday 7 August, Tolosa Park, 21km (Enduro); 9.8km (Sport)
- Waterworks 10, Saturday 9 October, Waterworks Reserve, 10km (Enduro); 5km (Sport)
- Season Pass for all four events (Enduro or Sport)
Check the map below to see where each run is based, or visit the Events page for more info.
The Tolosa Half
The Waterworks 10
The 2022 Series is now open. Race against yourself for a new PB, your friends and family, or simply feel the awe of kunanyi. Join us after the events for award presentations, snacks, a BBQ, and good company.